Services for Providers
Zelis Payments offers two great options for practices looking to improve their cash flow, both of which provide 24 hour access to payment data via our secure online provider portal.
VRA® (Virtual Reimbursement Account)
VRA is the most efficient way to maximize payment process for your facility or health system. VRA settles payments directly into your bank account —eliminating the need for manual entry. Payments are settled as an ACH-CCD+ which may be automatically re-associated with the 835 within your system or manually matched to the Explanation of Payment using your bank statement.
VRA offers a choice of an Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) or MasterCard®—backed payments.
- Direct ACH —The direct ACH option settles consolidated payments directly into the provider’s bank account via our FDIC insured depository partner. Because Zelis Payments directly manages the entire payment and data delivery process, overall costs of the transaction are substantially reduced.
- MasterCard Delivered —The MasterCard-backed option eliminates the need to manually key in payments into a card terminal. By removing the terminal from the process and replacing it with a B2B “virtual” terminal, we also eliminate the associated terminal fees, thus reducing the cost of processing.
By enrolling in a VRA, you gain efficiencies that help you reach a new level of productivity.
- Eliminate Manual Entry —VRA settles payments directly into your bank account—no more typing, swiping or manual processes; you’ll be notified instantly when payments settle
- Simplify Reconciliation/Automate Re-Association —Payments are settled
as an ACH-CCD+ containing the Re-association Trace Number, which automatically re-associates payment with the 835 within your system
- Ensures Compliance —The ACH aspect of VRA is CAQH CORE® certified. which ensures settled payments comply with ACA and HIPPA standards and operating rules.
Select - Virtual Payment Card
Select payments utilize a MasterCard-branded virtual payment card for delivery of payments. Card numbers and Explanations of Payment can either be delivered by fax or download from the Zelis Payments secure web portal. For those few that desire paper delivery, a USPS delivery is also available. The Provider enters the virtual payment card information into their merchant terminal to receive payment for that claim.
- Fax —Providers receive a fax which contains the Explanation of Payment (EOP) and along with the virtual card information and payment instructions. One fax represents one claim payment.
- Download —The download option delivers a CSV file containing all virtual card numbers and PDFs of Explanations of Payment (EOPs) via a single, daily download from the Zelis Payments secure, online Provider Portal. You’ll be notified by email when your daily batch is ready. Providers may also elect to download other file formats such as XLS and CSV or 835 data files.
Secure Online Provider Portal
All Zelis Payments products provide access to our secure online provider portal, a secure gateway that provides access to up to 7 years of payment data. Our portal allows you to quickly and easily investigate payment history by claim or patient and print or download data in various formats (835, CSV, XLS, or PDF).
Dashboard provides a snapshot of your claim payments, allowing you to analyze payment trends.
CAQH CORE®, the CORE-certification/Endorser Seals and logo are registered trademarks of CAQH® Copyright 2010, Council For Affordable Quality Healthcare®. All rights reserved.